About the business and the role
Tranquim Auto Electrics Pty Ltd provides Auto Electrical, Mechanical and Air-Conditioning on and off-site support to the Waste Management, Haulage, Construction and Earth-Moving Industry. Our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of happy staff and solid teamwork. Having a forward -focus, we are committed to finding and raising up the best technicians in the industry. Not only in talent but also character.
We are a company committed to customer satisfaction, energy, enthusiasm, contribution to society and being able to make a positive difference in what we do at work and beyond.
Tranquim Auto Electrics Pty Ltd believes in excellence, integrity and humility. We go against the grain and are revolutionising the stereo-typical mindset of what a Maintenance Company in the Automotive Industry looks like.
About the Opportunity
Due to incredible growth Tranquim Auto Electrics Pty Ltd is currently seeking an experienced and results driven Auto Electrician / Heavy Diesel Mechanic to join our Workshop located at our Derrimut Branch. This role includes workshop and field services.
Within this role you will work alongside experienced Technicians and must possess solid experience and knowledge of trucks and earth-moving equipment.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Install, maintain, and identify faults and repair electrical wiring and computer-based equipment in motor vehicles and related equipment, such as waste and haulage trucks, caravans, trailers, earthmoving equipment, mining equipment, marine applications and agricultural equipment.
Core asks include (but not limited to):
- work with computer-controlled engine management systems;
- service, identify and repair faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as electronic fuel injection, electronic ignition, anti-lock braking, cruise control, automatic transmission, airbags and air conditioning;
- install electrical equipment such as gauges, lighting, alternators and starter motors in vehicles;
- install electrically operated accessories such as radios, heating or demisting equipment, air conditioners, driving lamps and anti-theft systems;
- refer to circuit diagrams, and use meters and test instruments to find electrical faults;
- adjust engine control systems and timing to ensure vehicles are running at peak performance;
- test, recondition and replace faulty alternators, generators, starter motors and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries;
- repair or replace faulty ignition, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps and switches;
- use hand tools, specialized electrical tools, instruments and machines, including drills, grinders, presses and lathes;
- solder or weld when repairing electrical parts;
- sell and install electrical parts and accessories;
- install, repair and service air conditioning systems.
Service, repair and overhaul the mechanical parts of motor vehicles such as the engine, the transmission (clutch, gear box and differential), and the suspension systems (springs, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres).
Core tasks include (but not limited to):
- listen to engines, fit and operate special test equipment, and test-drive vehicles;
- repair or replace worn or faulty parts by removing assemblies such as engines, transmissions, differentials or steering gear systems; dismantling them and checking parts, referring to manuals as necessary;
- reassemble, test, clean and adjust repaired or replaced parts or assemblies, using various instruments to make sure they are working properly and putting them back into the vehicle;
- tune engines using special electronic equipment and make fine adjustments (to carburetors, for example) for smoother running;
- carry out minor body and trim repairs;
- diagnose, repair and replace engine management and fuel injection components;
- test and repair electrical systems such as lighting, instrumentation, ignition and electronic fuel injection.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, you will be required to have:
- Trade qualifications as an Auto Electrician and/or Heavy Diesel Mechanic coupled with a minimum of three – five years of trade experience in both areas;
- Excellent diagnostic/fault finding, communication and written skills;
- Must have Light and Heavy Vehicle Driver’s Licence;
- Must be prepared to work different shifts;
- Strong work ethic with a “can-do attitude” and a willingness to contribute to the company’s entrepreneurial work culture;
- Able to work well in a high performing team environment and have a methodical approach to problem solving.
Job benefits and perks
- You’ll be working in one of the most presentable workshops in Melbourne
- Close to Derrimut Village Shopping Centre
- A Company who takes care of their own